Users are receiving an error message when logging into the Interim Assessment (IA) Viewing System. ETS is working to resolve the issue.
Resolution: This issue has been resolved.
- Connectivity Issue on Chromebook
We are aware of a connectivity error message being intermittently displayed on Chrome operating systems when students attempt to log in to the secure browser. Some devices may display a sad face icon instead of taking the student to the “Is this you?” screen or test selection screen.
Resolution: If you experience this issue, you should consult with your technology staff and update your testing devices to Chrome OS 80, which is now stable and approved for testing. Older devices may not have the capacity to upgrade to OS 80 due to ; for those devices, the students may retry their logon attempt until they reach the Is This You? screen.
Even if you are not experiencing these issues, it is recommended that you set an update limit to the Chrome OS version that students have successfully tested with.
- Note: Issue only impacts schools with grade six students.
As part of the review of the 2018–2019 Smarter Balanced statewide assessment data, Educational Testing Service (ETS) recognized that within the pool of grade six English language arts/literacy (ELA) writing extended response (WER) items, six automated-scored WER prompts had low interrater reliability estimates for the conventions (COV) dimension scores. ETS reviewed and analyzed the data and discovered a configuration error in how some of the student responses were transferred. Due to this configuration error, ETS reported lower scores for some of the students who were assigned one of the six WER prompts.
Resolution: ETS has updated the configuration setting, reprocessed the impacted grade six responses, and has rereported CAASPP Smarter Balanced ELA scores for all grade six students whose scale score increased, or those who had a change in at least one WER dimension score due to rescoring. A subset of these students may also experience increases in their achievement level. The reprocessing did not result in any student receiving a lower score than previously reported and did not impact any other grades or content areas.
- Users are experiencing delays in accessing recent responses in the Interim Assessment Hand Scoring System (IAHSS) and the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) due to a technical issue in receiving data. This issue will not impact taking interim assessments, but it will delay the receipt of the responses in the IAHSS and receipt of results in CERS.
Resolution: The technical issue has been resolved and the backlog of responses and results have been processed.
- Some users have been unable to access the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) and are receiving an error message (HTTP ERROR 405). Users who have an organization name that contains a comma are impacted. ETS is working with Smarter Balanced to resolve the issue.
Resolution: This issue was resolved on October 24, 2019.
- The issue with the grade four Reading Literary Texts and Reading Informational Texts interim Assessment Blocks was resolved on September 17. These tests now appear in the Interim Assessment Reporting System.
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) indicator continues to be updated in the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System and will not be available in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) on September 10, 2019, as anticipated. Local educational agencies should wait to administer the California Alternate Assessment for Science until further notice.
Resolution: The IDEA indicator has been updated in TOMS. The California Alternate Assessment for Science is now available for administration.